Marine Charts: Tips & Tricks
1. Swipe the map labels to change the stats that they show.
2. Double tap the trip computer to rearrange it.
3. Turn the map sideways for a full-screen view.
4. The colored border around the map indicates GPS signal - green for good, yellow for mediocre, and red for bad.
5. While recording, get the best battery life by backgrounding the app with the Home Button, or using the Sleep button on the top of your iPhone or iPad. Turn off push notifications, wifi, and 3G to conserve battery. You can also remove your SIM card to increase battery life.
6. Get guidance to waypoints, photos, and tracks via "Details" pages.
7. For best results, download your maps and export your data while using wi-fi or strong 3G coverage.